We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Inn in Northfield, MN

pnl
Minneapolis, MN
1 post
Save Topic
Country Inn in Northfield, MN

We stayed at this hotel from November 4-6th, 2005. It was HORRIBLE!!! Our room was right next to the train tracks and and crossing was less than a block away. At least once an hour, DAY AND NIGHT, trains would go by and have to blast their horn. We didn't sleep at all during our stay! Also, the hotel seems to be run by college students and at 10:30AM on Saturday, the cleaning staff knocked on our door and demanded to know when we were leaving so they could clean our room. When we did come back that evening, our beds had been made, but the room itself was not vacuumed and garbages were still full from the previous day. Also, the bedspreads and blankets had obviously not been cleaned recently as there were food smudges on them. GROSS!!! We had family staying at the AMERICINN down the road a bit and they were very pleased with their hotel. This was the WORST Country Inn we have EVER stayed in!

Excelsior, Minnesota
Level Contributor
38 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country Inn in Northfield, MN

pnl: be sure to post this under the Northfiel hotels section so that others looking for a hotel in northfield see it

California
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Country Inn in Northfield, MN

Hi there i read your message you wrote about the Country inn, Northfield MN. I just want you to know that i have been staying in Northfield now for many years and just rcently i found out about the Super 8 (down the road from americinn) They have much cheaper rates than all other hotels in Northfield and they are just as nice as the other ones. you should try it the next time you are in northfield. They also have a no-overbooking policy so you dont ever have to worry about having your reservation overbooked!

California
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Country Inn in Northfield, MN

Hi there i read your message you wrote about the Country inn, Northfield MN. I just want you to know that i have been staying in Northfield now for many years and just rcently i found out about the Super 8 (down the road from americinn) They have much cheaper rates than all other hotels in Northfield and they are just as nice as the other ones. you should try it the next time you are in northfield. They also have a no-overbooking policy so you dont ever have to worry about having your reservation overbooked!

northfield
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Country Inn in Northfield, MN

I am from northfield and have seen many things at the country inn that everyone should know about .It Is run by college kids and they let all of their friends inn to use the pool and drink under age

I confronted the desk clerk and she said that only 3 of the 10 that where drinking where under age ???imagine that.the police where called and they said that if they did not see the drinking in person,they could not go to the room where it was being done ??imagine that !!!

Get answers to your questions about Northfield
Recent Conversations