We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re:Minneapolis relocation

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
re:Minneapolis relocation

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your help. I would like to ask you some more questions, could you send me an email address if that's okay? I am interested in renting a single family home. Also, I am of the Islamic faith, and wear the islamic head covering...was curious about people's tolerance and friendliness in Minneapolis, and Minnesota in general. I am currently in Oklahoma, and I have to say that I haven't met friendlier people. I was worried about the same thing last year upon moving here for my husband's job relocation, and many tripadvisor members from OK soothed my fears. I have only heard good things about MN otherwise. :) Thanks. Suzan

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: re:Minneapolis relocation

Hi suzan michigan

Minnesota has the largest Somali population outside of the country of Somalia and the largest concentration is in Minneapolis. The majority of Somalis here are Muslim and so the majority of the women wear hijabs/head coverings, long skirts and long-sleeved shirts. In my neighborhood (Northeast Minneapolis) there is a well-established population of people of middle-eastern descent who also dress according to their cultural/religious beliefs. You won't look out-of-place and hopefully won't feel that way either.

Check out the web site www.housinglink.org and go to the PMVR section. PMVR stands for private market vacancy report and there you can find out all of the single family homes that are currently available for rent in Minneapolis or anywhere in Hennepin County.

2. Re: re:Minneapolis relocation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 24, 2009