We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your thoughts please

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
your thoughts please

Dear Tripadvisor guests, My family and I are relocationg to Minneapolis in a few months. Could you please recommended some very safe places to live, with friendly neighbors, and great schools, this can include surrounding nearby suburbs. Thanks.

Minnesotan in Utah
8 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: your thoughts please

Hi,

Well, I'm guessing you've already moved by now, but I will put my two cents worth in anyways. I grew up in the Anoka area (Ramsey), which is in the northern Twin Cities area. Not as ritzy as say Eden Prairie and such, but it is an area that is rapidly developing and will no doubt outpace other areas soon. It's only about 30-40 minutes from downtown, so you can still enjoy everything the Twin Cities have to offer without the headaches of being in an urban setting.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
394 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: your thoughts please

I love Woodbury. It is very safe and there are some great schools. Woodbury is on 94 towards Wisconsin or East of the cities. It is 8-9 miles from downtown St. Paul and like 25 to minneapolis I think. I love it here. Lots of good shopping. On the New side.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: your thoughts please

Hi Suzan!

This is a big decision!

I recommend you check out the suburbs about 45 minutes North of the Twin Cities, such as: Lino Lakes, Forest Lake, Stacy and North Branch.

These places are just far enough to be away from all the congestion of the Minneapolis/St Paul area, and yet still at a convienent distance to acess the Cities in a reasonable amount of time.

Another plus: instead of having your neighbor's house as your view out your windows, you'll have views of trees, lakes, prarie grass,ect.

The prices are acceptional, you'll get more land or a bigger house for the same price as a tiny home on a one-acre lot in the Cities.

And the public schools in these areas are all super!

I'm sure you'll experience "Minnesota nice" anywhere you are to move in this state! The market is prime for buyer's right now, so I hope you take your time and find your dream home soon!

Have a good day!

carolyn

24. Re: your thoughts please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 29, 2009