We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packer Bars

2 posts
Save Topic
Packer Bars

Hi all. Just moved here from Milwaukee. Love my new home, but miss my home area alot after 57 years. I saw this site and wanted to see if there was anywhere closer to where I live (Excelsior) that might show the Packers pre-season games as well. (I'm hard core). I must admit, as much as I almost wanted to not like my new home, its beautiful here and everyone has been very nice. I JUST MISS MY PACKERS AND BREWERS (sorry to yell)

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packer Bars

The most hardcore Packers bar is in St. Paul, which obviously is a haul for you. Gabe's By The Park.

The second most hardcore Packers bar is in Minneapolis (so closer, though still a ways) is The Herkimer. They go all out on Sundays with Packer menu with brats and sft pretzels etc. Gets packed.

And finally, closest will be St. Louis Park Tavern in SLP. That's about 30 minutes from you. Big place. Would def have the game on. But with that place, though a Packers bar, there will be a mix of people unlike the other 2 places.

I say this as a season-ticket holding Vikings fan. But I have some friends from the wrong side of the river who tell me of their search for the best spot.

There likely are places near you that you can discover on your own. There are a good number of WI transplants in all areas of the metro -- whose games are not on because the Vikings game is. So they need a place to watch and bars need customers. I would start with the Park Tavern for the first game. And befriend some fellow fans and ask their opinion of anything farther west.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Packer Bars

Thanks for the info... I actually know where St. Louis Park is, and its not far at all. I have Sunday Ticket, but they do not show pre-season, and I it looks like the NFL network is showing the Detroit game in that time slot around these parts. Also, I think I'm just going to get plain old homesick at some point this season and may actually want some fellow G.B. comraderie. Thanks again, even though you are from The Dark Side.

3. Re: Packer Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 06, 2015