We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Minneapolis trip

rhode island
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Minneapolis trip

Thank you all for your advice for my 1st trip to your city.

We hit all the tourist spots that we could in the weekend (MOA, twins game, Walker Art Center, Minn. Zoo). My son was sick with a sore throat and cold the moment we walked off the plane so it was slow pace for us.

mtoathens and everyone else who suggested the transit for transportation to the Metrodome - Well, my fiancee wanted to drive instead since my son wasn't feeling the best. We got there with no problem. The drive home was hell. He got lost of course, but I couldn't really tell him that I told him to take the Transit, after all he was trying to be nice.

All in all the visit was pretty good. We spent a lot of time at our room in the Courtyard at Mendota Heights watching tv and such. Some of our best laughs were in that room so in the end it didn't really matter what we were doing as long as we were together (cliche but true).

I look forward to visiting for my adult only weekend on the 7-11 of September. Thanks again!

rhode island
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Recent Minneapolis trip

my fiancee will be at work on the Friday that I am there. Any ideas on what to do by myself? He works 8-4.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Recent Minneapolis trip

Are you staying in Mendota Heights again? Will you have a vehicle to use? What are some of your interests? This will help with good suggestions for your Friday.

rhode island
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Recent Minneapolis trip

he is in Minnetonka and will drop me off wherever. I really don't want to drive - I get lost easily.

Maybe I should just go downtown? SHoppoing, people watching, art. I could probably meet him for lunch.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Recent Minneapolis trip

If you like shopping and people watchiing, Nicollet Mall is the place in downtown Mpls. Tons of stores and restaurants. If you don't feel like shopping, have him drop you off at the Mill Museum (or take a cab there). You can check out the museum if that interests you, but more importantly, it's a really nice walk that is set up to tour the old mill district in Minneapolis (which is why and where the city was settled). Walk over the stone arch bridge and see St. Anthony main. Then you can meet him for lunch at Pracna on Main. Good food and a beautiful part of downtown. And you can tell your friends you saw the only waterfall on the MIssissippi. (It's really not that impressive of a waterfall, but you can say you saw it. The stone bridge is beatiful, and so is St. Anthony Main.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Recent Minneapolis trip

Another area to be dropped off at for the day would be in St. Paul near the capitol. If you don't mind walking a bit there is lot to see and do in a small area. The Science Museum of Minnesota currently has the Body Worlds exhibit (which is fascinating). The History Museum of Minnesota is in the area as is the Cathedral and the aforementioned Capitol Building. And you're close to the quaint area of downtown St. Paul and its shops, restaurants and green spaces.

16. Re: Recent Minneapolis trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 20, 2009