We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpack storage near Target Field?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Backpack storage near Target Field?

Does anyone know if there are lockers or anywhere I can safely store a backpack near Target Field?

I'm planning a multi-city MLB ballpark tour flying into Minneapolis for a Twins game and then boarding a Megabus from there that night after the game to Milwaukee (and later on to Chicago and St Louis). I'm planning to travel light, but I'm not sure I could pack everything I need in a backpack small enough to be allowed into the ballpark. Since I won't have any overnight accommodations in Minneapolis I won't have the option of letting my hotel store it until after the game.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Target Field
Target Field
2,672 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,000 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

I'd still try a hotel - and there are several around. Approach the bellman - offer a tip - explain your situation - and see if they'll allow you to store it. I'd look at The Graves, Marriott City Center, Radisson, Westin, all in the City Center area or Townplace Suites in the Warehouse District. One of them is bound to help you out. If all else fails, the Greyhound station downtown might have lockers, but I'm not sure (might be worth a phone call). But, it's a long-ish walk from the ballpark.

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Minneapolis Marriott...
890 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

Will the megabus be there at the beginning of the game? I assume you're not the only one with this question so you may want to call the bus company.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,000 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

SmittyMN - Megabus is a bus company, similar to Greyhound, but they do not operate terminals or offices - they just pick up in the same location and the logistics are handled through their website and the driver. They follow a schedule. OP flies into MSP and takes the lightrail downtown to attend the game, but the Megabus route to Milwaukee doesn't depart until after the game - which is why the need for storage during the game.

Mentioned in this post
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will just try one of the nearby hotels. If I think back to my travel for work days I often left bags at the hotel upon checkout and never recall the bellman even asking if I was staying at the hotel.

bk_t1 - You have the plan exactly right. I'll fly in to MSP during the day, head downtown on the light rail, enjoy the evening game and then board the bus immediately afterward. No bus terminal or office that might have lockers or would otherwise be able to store the bag, thus the dilemma.

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

Do you have a nationwide gym membership that might also be in downtown Mpls? For example, Snapfitness is downtown and 24/7 nationwide so there is no need to worry about hours if you have the swipe key on that one and are a member so you can use the locker room and even work out for a bit - but the snaps are further away from Target Field so if that is the case - I would make sure to map out your gym so you know where to go...

Another idea is if you may know anyone who lives/works downtown - maybe they can store the bag for you if you trust them.

Mentioned in this post
Target Field
Target Field
2,672 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

There are lockers at the airport where one can store carry-on luggage, if you could get by with a smaller "day-pak". They're in the secured part of the airport so you wouldn't even have to go through security with those items when you take off.

Edited: 3:58 pm, February 22, 2014
Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

Disregard this info as I forgot you're taking a bus, not returning to the airport.

Minneapolis
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

I work right near Target Field in the downtown area. The best options would be Graves Hotel (as it is very close to the field) or Lifetime Fitness, which is right under Target Center (the basketball stadium across from Target Field). If you go lifetime, you may have to buy a guest pass for the day and pay for a locker. The Graves Hotel would likely be less hassle. You could also contact Target Field security and see if they have any accommodations for someone in your situation.

A quick look at the Twins policy states that you can bring in a bag, subject to the following:

"Soft-sided containers and bags 16" by 16" by 8" or smaller are permitted in Target Field. Bags and containers are subject to inspection by gate security prior to entering the ballpark.

Prohibited Items:

For the general safety of all guests the following items are not allowed into Target Field: ball retrievers, balloons, bats, beach balls, boom boxes, brooms, fireworks, flasks, footballs, Frisbees, hard sided coolers, laser pointers, lawn chairs, noise-making devices, weapons, wooden sticks, or rods. Small whiskbrooms and small souvenir bats are permitted."

Look through the Twins website and try to find a contact there to see if they have a place to store or keep a bag for you.

Mentioned in this post
Target Field
Target Field
2,672 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center
Target Center
255 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
9. Re: Backpack storage near Target Field?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 02, 2015