We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guthrie Theatre

Talking Rock...
4 posts
Save Topic
Guthrie Theatre

We are looking at going to see a Christmas Carol...there are a few seats in balcony(lft side) area and the 'slope"(right side of stage-if you are facing it) area which has a better view

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guthrie Theatre

First off, that's fantastic that your are going. I go every year as tradition, because it's justa cozy/intimate setting in the Wurtele Thrust stage room.

That said, specifically regarding your question, how far left on the balcony and how far right on the Slope Right? I wouldn't worry too much about how far forward you are (closer to stage) because of how small the Wurtele Thrust is. I would worry about which is closer to center. I love the balcony seating and almost always sit there (and sometimes Slope Right). I really like the ease of getting in and out quickly. Helps with having an extra drink at the bar near the Endless Bridge or getting out quickly to hit the restroom (which is especially helpful if they have an intermission, which they didn't have last year and I'm not sure if they will have one this year).

Bottom line I would choose the more central seat option.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guthrie Theatre

which showing, by the way? If Friday, I will see you there!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guthrie Theatre

As long as I was on here today and recently was in MN I thought I would mention in case someone didn't realize it on our last trip to MN we went to the Gothrie. Had a wonderful time. Make sure you look out each windows and you will see is was a designed picture frame of various things and landmarks in the city.

4. Re: Guthrie Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 10, 2015