We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mall of America or elsewhere?

Crofton, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mall of America or elsewhere?

My husband and I are flying into Minneapolis on Friday for my cousin's baby shower. We're not renting a car -- my parents are doing so when they fly in later that evening from another state -- so we have to kill a few hours before my aunt and uncle can pick us up.

We land at 11 a.m. and will have carry-on luggage. My aunt will pick us up around 3:30. My inclination is to simply go to the Mall of America and spend some time looking around, eating lunch, etc. I was born in MN (though haven't lived there in a good number of years), so I've been to MoA before, but my husband has not.

Does this sound like the best option for killing time near the airport, or is there something else that might be more enjoyable?

Wernersville
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mall of America or elsewhere?

Hello, Mall of America is a good place to kill time. My wife and I spend about 4 to 5 hours walking around , but that's up to you. We usually stay at the Super 8 reasonable rates clean and close to the Mall. They provide free shuttle service there also. We are from Pennsylvania, and fly into MSP alot to visit and attend our Son's college football games. A good place to eat at the Mall is Bubba Gumps shrimp Co. Good luck!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mall of America or elsewhere?

I would suggest Minnehaha Park well before MOA. Connect via light rail and have your aunt pick you up there. Green space, the falls will be rushing with a ton of water we've had here the past few weeks. Much more memorable than a oversized mall IMO

Carnforth, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mall of America or elsewhere?

Yes there's plenty to do at mall of America so I would go there.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mall of America or elsewhere?

I'm usually a big fan of Minnehaha Park visits, but there's the situation of hauling around their carry-on luggage. If they don't mind; it's a great idea. On the other hand, there are lockers at the MOA so they wouldn't have to do this.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,718 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mall of America or elsewhere?

When I read your post initially, I was also wondering about your carry-ons. Maybe you'd consider splitting your time and heading to the Mall first to stow your bags, then time/weather permitting you could still take the lightrail to Minnehaha Park. After some time there, just head back to the Mall and retreive your bags and catch your ride. It might be a little rushed on timing, but it might work.

6. Re: Mall of America or elsewhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 31, 2014