We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can some help me out with camp grounds

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Topic
Can some help me out with camp grounds

I wonder if some of you can recommend a couple of nice camp ground near Minneapolis. My girl friend & I will be coming through there the first weekend in July. We are wanting to visit Valley Fair and Mall of America.

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
997 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can some help me out with camp grounds

Valley Fair and the MOM are at least an hour apart. Are you looking for something in between? You will have a better chance getting something closer to Valley Fair, as the MOM is in a highly congested urban area. Post some more information about your itinerary.

Level Contributor
260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can some help me out with camp grounds

Town And Country campground is about 15 minutes from

the mall in Savage Minnesota. I know you can google

them, they have a website.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can some help me out with camp grounds

we are comming down for 2 - 3 days and are looking for something either close to one or the other. I don't mind a 1/2 hour drive either way.

We would just like a nice campground with tent sites.

Level Contributor
260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can some help me out with camp grounds

http://www.townandcountrycampground.com/

4 miles to Valley Fair

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can some help me out with camp grounds

Check out the state parks at:

dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/reservations.html

The parks with camgrounds are outside Minneapolis but are in nice settings (woods, lakes, rivers).

6. Re: Can some help me out with camp grounds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 16, 2009