We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

Fargo, North Dakota
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

Where are some good places to eat in Minneapolis/ st Paul/ surrounding area for a bachelorette party in late May, begin of June for about 8-10 girls? Also, any fun bars?, will be traveling via party bus so would like them spaced out a bit so can drink between bars. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Saint Paul
Saint Paul
Minnesota
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

Where will you be staying? That will dictate where we suggest you go, or at least end up.

And is there any kind of place your group particulalry likes?

Minneapolis and St Paul have billions of fun bars. And countless great places to eat. I assume you will have a nice dinner somewhere before the bus tour starts?

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Saint Paul
Saint Paul
Minnesota
minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

Some of the more "landmark" bars on my list would be..

Nye's Polonaise Room - polka band in the bar, piano bar in the restaurant, always a great mixed crowd

Pyscho Suzi's - probably the world's largest tiki bar, great patio if it's warm outside, strong drinks and good food to boot

Donnie Dirks Zombie Den - I haven't been there since they opened, but still a great change of atmosphere

The lounge in the W Hotel - straight out of NYC and Sex in the City

Chino Latino - hopping Uptown spot and you gotta check out the bathrooms

The Front/Ground Zero - I love dancing in The Front, and get your wild side on at Ground Zero - overall goth bar with a Saturday night fetish show upstairs

Burlesque show - google minneapolis burlesque and see when they're happening and where

Out of all of those places, I'd eat at Chino, Nye's or Psycho... or if you want to start somewhere with a meal, the Loring Pasta Bar is such a unique, ethereal destination.

And if it's a beautiful evening, I would try to end the night at a patio on the water, listening to live music - Maynards or Lord Fletchers on Minnetonka, PD Pappy's in Stillwater

Mentioned in this post
Chino Latino
Chino Latino
475 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Loring Park
Loring Park
124 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Fargo, North Dakota
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

Looking at staying at the aloft hotel. Would kind of like the restaurant little ways away from the hotel, that way the bus could just get us there. Our group is a mix , likes country to hip hop..Will dance but only after many drinks haha. Would like the dinner to be not super spending( not 20$ a meal). Never been out in the cities, some places that are fun unique places to stop by .

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

There are a number of places near the Aloft. Two Thai places, which would be my choice but I don't know if everyone in your group likes Thai. Kindee and Sawatdee.

Also, there is Wasabi Fusion nearby at which you can do Hibachi, but that's gonig to hit 20 a person plus drinks. But you get everyone at one table. Or close.

Not much else nearby that I'd suggest.

As far as bars, bonnie mentioned a great list that has most of the key ones.

If you really want them spread out, you could go all the way out to Lake MInnetonka to Lord Fletcher's to sit lake side on the massive deck. Beautiful, fun setting. But I would do that maybe as the first stop and then hit places along the way back so you end up close to the hotel.

If people do like country you might make a stop in St . Louis Park at Toby Keith's place. Not my style but it's on the way back to Minneapolis from Lake Minnetonka. and the country music lovers seem to love it.

From there I think it would make sense to hit NE Mpls (because it's an easy shot from I-394 to I-94 north to broadway exit then cross river on Broadway or Lowry), especially Psycho Suzi's and then maybe Gasthof's (German place that is very unique with snuff servers and boot beers). A few of my faves like Tony Jaros and the NE Palace might be a bit small for a group of 10. But it's up to you.

At that point, head back toward your hotel and maybe stop off at Nye's for the piano bar. I think everyone will be pretty ready to crash after that.

Edited: 9:31 am, February 28, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lord Fletcher's
Lord Fletcher's
200 Reviews
Spring Park, MN
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Fargo, North Dakota
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

Thanks for the great tips so far! The restaurant doesn't need to be close to the hotel at all, we all like American food haha so trying to stick to a place that has that, would like a place you can make a reservation so we don't end up waiting forever. Thanks!

6. Re: Minneapolis bachelorette party help..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 02, 2014