We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Target field questions

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Target field questions

Thinking about going up to see a game in a couple weeks.

Which level has the best view of the field?

My Milwaukee season tickets are in the loge level, which is about perfect, IMHO.

It looks like the equivalent level at Target field is a club section. Are single game tickets available either through the box office or the secondary market? They don't appear online and are indicated as season ticket only.

If these aren't available, which would be better, 100 level or 200 level? 200 looks a bit high, but the 100 level looks like there isn't much rake to the seating bowl and you have to watch the game between people's heads.

Mentioned in this post
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Target Field
Target Field
2,672 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Target field questions

As I only get to a few games a year, I always first try to get Dugout Box seats and if they aren't available, or too much cash, then 100 level seats do just fine. Generally speaking, there's really not a bad seat in the house and while the 200 level seats are high, they are just fine IMHO. I always try to buy my tickets online either through the Twins Box Office Webste or one of the secondary providers like Stubhub. There's a very good Seat Selector on the Twins Website and it gives a reasonable view of the field from your selected seats. Have fun!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Target field questions

I really like the home plate terrace views - essentially the first couple rows of the upper deck. Great views and not priced to badly. I would suggest the left field line as you have a tremendous view of the Mpls skyline too.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Target field questions

Without sounding too homerish about my team's shiny new ballpark, I will say it does have great views from all areas. However, there are areas that -- if you're visiting for the first time you might want to avoid because there are better areas. They're not terrible seats, but you can do better if you're coming for the first time.

The first area I would avoid would be rows 20 and up in the 100 sections. Once you get back to about row 18-20 you begin to get close to the overhang of the level above (in this case the Legends Club seats). Maybe this wouldn't bother you but I don't like having something over my head. I like to look up and see the sky and I also like the natural sound of the ball park -- not the amplified sound of all the voices and noises (including PA) that comes with a roof over your head. (This happens with an overhang over the left field bleachers as well)_

The other area to avoid would be the right field bleachers and section 138. I don't think you get a good view of the scoreboard from there and most seats in those areas make you stretch to see deep center field.

So without knowing your budget I would look at

1. Rows 1-16 of Section 121. Being on the left field foul line side of the park gives you views of the skyline, which makes that side slighty better than the right field side. If you don't care about a skyline view, then consider left and right field foul lines better. Why section 121? Because that is the first section where it switches from Home Plate Box to Diamond Box -- difference of 13-15 a ticket. So 122 is great too, just a few dozen feet farther away etc. And if that extra $15 doesn't matter, then move in to Home PLate Box. Unbelievable seats.

2. Same sections on the right field side.

3. Home plate terrace (not home plate view)

…mlb.com/min/ballpark/seat_view.jsp

You get a decent view per section from their viewer at that URL.

I will finish by saying that it is a very compact ballpark, so seats in comparable sections to Miller Park might have a closer feel to home plate. And even being up at the top of the ballpark does not feel all that far away.

And search back on this forum for some great information all of us have written up over the past few years on where to go before and what to eat (Kramarczuk!!!!) and drink while there.

I have a strong opinion that there is a right way to experience the ballpark for the first time. Make sure you get beers at Kieran's at 1st Ave and 6th Street but get there early to get a patio seat. It's no fun being inside. The fun is on the patio people-watching. Then follow sixth street to the ballpark so you enter through Gate 34 and see the statues of Killebrew and Puckett and get your first field views from the plaza above the RF bleachers.

It's a beautiful park.

ST. ADOLPHE...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Target field questions

We are coming to Minneapolis for the Cub games in June. I am wondering about the standing room tickets for 1 game so we can have a look at the park by moving around the areas.Can you move around all areas in the park when you have these tickets

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Target field questions

Absolutelty. In fact, if you are one of those people who doesn't have to have a home base (some people do), then I recommend that. Beautiful park where you will want to take in views from all angles. There is a lot of standing room area, including from several bars. Make sure you get to the second level bar above club seating behind home plate on the right field side, where you can chat with the organist from the bar. Kind of cool.

SRO tickets are a great option for first-timers to Target Field. Lots to do.

Mentioned in this post
Target Field
Target Field
2,672 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
ST. ADOLPHE...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Target field questions

Ok so should I buy SRO tickets now or wait

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,000 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Target field questions

I vote for "wait".... I often view 3rd party sites and think the premium goes down some as the game gets closer. Plus, you can never predict weather.

8. Re: Target field questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 pm, June 19, 2013