We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mall of America

Maryland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Mall of America

Any information on the best way to visit Mall of America would be great! I've seen packages online but is that the best way to go? Is seeing the Mall really worth it? Thinking of going in Jan. 2012

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
1,070 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mall of America

It's a mall. You don't need a package to see it. It's worth it if you like big malls. January in Mpls. can be brutal weatherwise, but you'll be indoors. If you have a desire to see the surrounding areas I'd wait and come when the weather is warmer.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mall of America

Is it worth it? That is a personal decision. Some people love it, some hate it. So it really has to be up to you to research its features and figure out whether that is where you want your time in this area spent.

for first-timers, it can be a pretty interesting thing to see because of just its scale. And if kids are along, they have rides and an aquarium as excellent kid-friendly entertainment.

As for the rest of your question ... where are you staying? Where would you like to stay? What else do you want to see on your visit?

I don't get what a package would accomplish seeing as how there is no fee to enter, so being part of a package couldn't get you in cheaper. It possibly could get you discounts on restaurants or on Camp Nickelodeon (where the rides are) but not sure what relevance a package has other than that.

Let us know what attractions (other than the mall) are brigning you here and we can help you figure out the details. Keep in mind the downtown area is connected to the mall (and the airport) by a single train line -- and it's very easy to use, safe and cheap.

So staying downtown (better restaurants, sightseeing, more variety of entertainment) and getting to the mall by train is an option. So is staying near the mall and taking the train to see downtown.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
392 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mall of America

We have friends that moved to Atlanta, they used to fly home as part of a package to visit the MOA.

They didn't go to the Mall but it was by far the cheapest way to get here. I don't know if those deals are still out there.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
242 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mall of America

I wasn't wild about the Mall of America at first -- too big, too many people, etc. But recently I went there right after opening on a weekday, took my time, visited mostly small and locally owned shops -- and had a lot of fun! Here's a visitors guide: midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/shopping_eat…

5. Re: Mall of America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 pm, June 22, 2013