We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend 7 friends with no kids and in need of some fun

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sioux Falls, South...
1 post
Save Topic
Girls weekend 7 friends with no kids and in need of some fun

would like to stay in Minneapolis Hotel recommend, do some shopping would love to hit some music venues. Not sure of time possibility March / April...planning 50th birthday parties for several of us.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend 7 friends with no kids and in need of some fun

I would urge you to choose April over March if at all possible. March can often be a very dirty, gray month here with all the snow melt and before the street cleaning.

April is usually better. Starting to get some good green in the trees and in the grass.

What type of music venue are you looking for?

Staying at one of the Nicollet Mall-area hotels would give you access to shopping along Nicollet Mall and also light rail that connects downtown with Mall of America.

My favorite has always been the Marquette, a Hilton property that has a nice location putting you in the middle of things so you can walk to a lot of points of interest. Good service, comfortable rooms, reasonable rates for an upscale hotel.

But depending on type of music venue and other things you want to see/do (not to mention your budget) the hotel recommendations from the regular posters on here could change.

iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend 7 friends with no kids and in need of some fun

I would stay in the Grave Hotel in the Block E section if no budget, but otherwise you can get a good 4 star hotel downtown from hotwire. A lot of fun is the Shout house, piano bar but more lively than most, can still talk to your party and have a great time.

iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend 7 friends with no kids and in need of some fun

I would stay in the Grave Hotel in the Block E section if no budget, but otherwise you can get a good 4 star hotel downtown from hotwire. A lot of fun is the Shout house, piano bar but more lively than most, can still talk to your party and have a great time.

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend 7 friends with no kids and in need of some fun

We stayed at the Marriot City Center and found it to be a great location. I would also recommend the Shout House Dueling pianos bar which you can walk to from the Marriot without going outside. We got there on a Friday at about 6 PM and didn't have to pay a cover charge. I would suggest making a reservation for a party of 8 because they were packed both Friday and Saturday. The piano guys are fun and they interact with the crowd nicely.

5. Re: Girls weekend 7 friends with no kids and in need of some fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, January 23, 2013