We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for reunion accomodations

St. Louis
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions for reunion accomodations

I'm helping plan a Minneapolis get-together long distance and hope someone might have some ideas for me.

We have a group of 15 families who will be having a reunion of sorts over a June weekend. It's an online moms group who have known each other for more than ten years but have not necessarily met each other in person. So, we'd like a place to stay that would accommodate a fair amount of hanging out or unstructured time so they moms have time to talk and the kids (all around 10 years old) will have time to play. Something with a nice pool area or perhaps other more resort-y type facilities. A meeting room is another possibility.

Any thoughts? Ideas for places that would be good for our group to visit are also welcome. We're currently thinking of spending at least part of a day at the zoo. Several want to be sure to go to the MOA, but that doesn't seem as if it'd lend itself to some getting-to-know-you time.

Thanks!

Bemidji, Minnesota
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for reunion accomodations

Hey there! Well, the first place that I thought of was the Residence Inn in Edina. It's connected to a huge indoor park called Edinborough. The park has a swimming pool, a fitness center, and a huge playground just for the kids, and it's all indoors, so no worries about the weather. They've also got free shuttles to the airport and the Mall of America. It's definitely the hotel I'd recommend.

Check it out on my goList: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i9651-A_Weekend…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for reunion accomodations

The first place I thought of was the Depot in downtown Minneapolis. It is the old Milwaukee Road train depot, and it has been turned into a place with two hotels and a water park. Lots of meeting rooms. Here's a link to a description of the water park with more links to the hotels: thedepotminneapolis.com/newSite/waterpark.asp

It's located a few short blocks from the light rail, which can get you to both the airport and the Mall of America.

3. Re: suggestions for reunion accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, August 17, 2009