We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must sees in a weekend

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
98 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Must sees in a weekend

I am going to a wedding next Friday evening in Minneapolis and staying till Sunday. So we will have Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, Sat and Sunday to explore. I have some info but wondering some must sees. I like shopping bargains, vegetarian food, quaint neighborhoods with a minimum of museums. I know there is a waterfall which looks pretty. Any suggestions are welcome for must sees. Thans.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,220 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must sees in a weekend

The waterfall you are mentioning, is most likely Minnehaha Falls. It is located in a park, with a delicious casual seafood eatery, Sea Salt. It is always a nice visit and the falls are beautiful. We were there 2 weeks ago.

Visit the Uptown area, walk around Lake Harriett,visit the communities of Edina, Excelsior, Linden Hills. Wayzata, Chanhassen, Edin Prairie, Minnetonka. Eat at Maynard's on Lake Excelsior. shop in the Mall of America, enjoy Psycho Suzi's in Minneapolis.

FYI: purchasing clothing and footwear in Minnesota is tax-free. Enjoy!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
50 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must sees in a weekend

The Mall of America, while not being a "bargain" place, is very impressive. You can spend a whole day there or just a few minutes to check it out.

The Walker Sculpture Garden is where the iconic Spoon and Cherry are at, not a large place. The Stone Arch Bridge is right next to downtown and crosses the Mississippi which is pretty fun!

The best veggie options will be in Uptown! Almost every restaurant has oodles of options.

Quaint neighborhoods/neat neighborhoods: Lake of the Isles, Lake Harriet, South Nicollet, Cathedral Hill (St Paul)

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Must sees in a weekend

If you like to look at neighborhoods, drive down Summit Avenue in St. Paul. It's the longest stretch of Victorian mansions in the U.S., or so they say. F. Scott Fitzgerald lived there. We've seen people out in white gloves playing croquet on the lawns. It's a far cry from suburbia.

Even though you don't like museums, I'd still stop at Mill City. It's small as far as museums go and will give you a good taste of how the area developed. There's a nice view of the river from the top. You can also go around to the back of the museum and walk across the Stone Arch Bridge.

Proctor, Minnesota
Level Contributor
314 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must sees in a weekend

We've been staying in downtown Minneapolis a lot lately, and we've found some neat shops/places to eat just by walking around. Now, every time we're down there, we go without any kind of agenda and just start wandering aimlessly! In addition to shops and dining, we've found farmers markets and toured some neat old theaters. Although not old, if you're in the area, take a walk through the Guthrie Theater.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
186 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must sees in a weekend

The Blue Line Metro Light Rail train will get you to both Minnehaha Falls, and the Mall of America.

They rent bikes and pedal driven surreys at Minnehaha Park, too.

If you have a car, there are discount malls in Eagan, and also Albertville. (Eagan is south of Minneapolis, Albertville is northwest. Eagan is closer if you are in Downtown Minneapolis.

There is a great dinner theater in Chanhassen, they are doing Grease right now.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,214 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must sees in a weekend

Just FYI: I'm also heading home this weekend and a friend warned me of traffic issues both on lightrail and I-94 (Lowry Tunnel). It's always good to understand these and what your alternative options are.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/06/19/dow…

7. Re: Must sees in a weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 22, 2018