We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation & Advice for Glencoe.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
9 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation & Advice for Glencoe.

Hi! I am so stuck and really look forward to advice on our 6 day trip of Scotland which is as follows:

4th June: Arrive from London by train. Stay the night in Edinburgh.

5th June: Hire a car, stay the night in Kingussie, near Pitlochry (can't seem to find something suitable in Pitlochry) on our way to Skye. Visit Stirling Castle and some Distillery.

6th June: Drive to Skye, taking in the sites, hope to arrive by afternoon.

7th June: Skye.

8th June: leave Skye post lunch for Glencoe area, visit the Eilean Donan Castle enroute. Stay on 9th too.

10th June: Leave for Lake District.

11th June: Leave for Miiddlesbororugh (to stay with friends)

We are a group of school friends with our families (8 adults + children aged 9-12), we want to soak in the scenic beauty more than anything else, the kids are looking forward to it also!

My questions now:

1)While all other places are booked, we can't seem to crack Glencoe/Loch Lomond area (Calander & Crianlarich). Have written to all B&Bs/Apartments on TA as well as the discover glencoe site... Any suggestions for a scenic area/accomodation info around this area is welcome!

2)Have read a lot on TA about Glencoe being breath-taking...please suggest the driving route from Eilean Donan into Glencoe & beyond that covers this.

3)Suggestions for scenic spots/easy walks in Glencoe/Loch Lomond area

Thanks & hope to hear!

2 replies to this topic
Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation & Advice for Glencoe.

This site is for a small town in west central Minnesota--I think you got the wrong Glencoe.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
359 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation & Advice for Glencoe.

Tanveee.

Glencoe Minnesota is pretty much smack dab in the middle of North America. Is that where you are vacationing?

Reply to: Accomodation & Advice for Glencoe.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glencoe