Hello, All -
We are heading to Minn to see the fall colors. A real treat for us Floridians. Plan so far is:
Fri, 9/29 - arrive MSP and drive to Duluth. 3 nights there at Radisson with scenic train to two harbors on Sun.
- first question is things to do on Sat - wondered about driving the lake into WI to Cornucopia?
Leave Duluth Monday and head up N Shore. Currently thinking to stay at Harbor Inn for 1 or 2 nights in Grand Marais.
- any feedback on Harbor Inn?
- should we stay 1 night or 2?
- any reason to continue up to Thunder Bay? (I think my hubby just likes the name)
Leave GM and head back towards MSP, but have either 1 or 2 nights to spend on the way depending on how much time we stay in GM.
- was thinking of side trip to Ely - is that worth doing? Wolf Reserve? Other interesting sites?
- recommendations for places to stay in Ely?
Any other must sees on way back to MSP? Or good places to stay?
Or other suggestions?
Get back to MSP on Thurs and have 3 nights before we leave for home on Sun. Two full days. Want to explore lakes near town, maybe go to a flea market, have to see the Mall of America.
- any other don't miss things to do or suggestions for meals? We are staying at an Marriott in Bloomington.
Very much looking forward to seeing beautiful MINN. it's been on our list for a long time and we are happy to finally get to come and visit.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.