We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxury hotel

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
luxury hotel

what is the best place to stay outstide of duluth, along the Lake. we are planning a couples hiking trip and want to splurge on hotel or lodge.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luxury hotel

I'm a fan of BlueFin Bay - about 80 miles up the shore in Tofte.

You will be in the thick of the hiking trails, and could get a Jacuzzi suite, and the rooms are just feet from the shore and crashing waves.

There's a year round outside pool & hot-tub - geothermally heated.

I'd get a room on the 2nd floor, so you could have a balcony, and those walking by can't see in.

Plenty of dining options in Grand Marais, about 20 miles up the shore.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luxury hotel

Take a look at Larsmont Cottages. Or else one of the many B and Bs in and around Duluth -- AG Thomson House for one

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
680 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luxury hotel

If you are looking at being closer to Duluth, I second Larsmont Cottages or Grand Superior Lodge.

4. Re: luxury hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 15, 2014