We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap/Free things to do around MOA/Minneapolis

Escanaba, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Cheap/Free things to do around MOA/Minneapolis

We are a family of 5 w/ 3 kids 9,5, & 2. We are going to be going to Bloomington area in June on a Mon-Fri. Besides the obvious MOA attractions & zoo are there any cheap or free things to do in the area (yes...I am a huge cheapskate)? I'm seeing a lot of things, but I didn't realize it sounds hard to get around esp. downtown Minneapolis. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Possible visits on our trip at this time include MOA, Minn Zoo, Como Park Zoo, Science Museum of Minn, Minn Institute of Arts, Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, but I don't know how feasible any of these are driving/parking-wise bc we've never been to MN! Thanks!

Grantsburg...
Level Contributor
76 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheap/Free things to do around MOA/Minneapolis

Minnesota Valley Wildlife Refuge is right down the road from the mall. Periodically check the Living Social, Crowdcut, etc websites. The Science Museum often has a family membership on them for 1/2 price which might cover your entire family.

12. Re: Cheap/Free things to do around MOA/Minneapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 20, 2014