We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites near Mall of America

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
K S
Des Moines, Iowa
7 posts
Save Topic
Embassy Suites near Mall of America

Can someone compare the two Embassy Suites in Bloomington? I see one on American Blvd and one on 34th Street. Looking for clean & updated, nice pool area and near Mall of America.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites near Mall of America

34th street much newer

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites near Mall of America

Both are great hotels and have their pluses and minuses. We typically will flip flop depending on price. Rates typically run more at the 34th street location.

The one by MOA/Airport/34th street is newer and was renovated in 2007. I has a nice pool area and large hot tub. The breakfast area lets in a lot of light during the day which is nice. I appreciate the extra sink in the bedroom area. It is closest to MOA. Wooley's is a great restaurant.

The hotel on American Blvd although somewhat older is very nice and my favorite due to the french doors and overall quaintness of the hotel. Although the renovation is not as new, the furniture is all very nice and updated. The staff is exceptional. The pool area is nice with two small hot tubs. We enjoy Chez Daniel's restaurant.

If you are looking for new, try the Brooklynn Center location. It is about 3 years old. It is much farther from the MOA and does not have an open atrium. It offers a free shuttle to the dome and Twins stadium.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites near Mall of America

Are you set on Embassy Suites? I realize the answer might be yes if you're using Hilton points or similar. If flexible, however, you might want to check out the Best Western Bloomington. Owners gutted the building to the studs and pretty much rebult the hotel. Nice redo and with pools/water park. It is within walking distance of MOA (equivalent of 1 block?) Restaurant onsite plus breakfast area.

Otherwise, of the two Embassys I would also likely lean to the 34th Street location, especially considering closer to MOA.

4. Re: Embassy Suites near Mall of America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:11 pm, June 12, 2013