We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

We are thinking of visiting the Mall of America in June, and have picked the Hampton Inn & Suites by the airport because of the reasonable rates we are able to get. I am concerned about the noise level with it being so close to a "landing strip". My kids think it will be great to watch the planes land and take off, but I don't want to hear them in the middle of the night. Most people in their reviews talk about how quiet it is.....but really, how bad is it??

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,618 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

I guess I'm not sure what "middle of the night" means to you - but I suspect most consumer airline flights end around 11pm and start up around 6am. I also saw the review about noise in the review section and it mentioned to get a room on the "odd-numbered" side of the building if that was a concern. I've stayed at this hotel and had no issues. I usually always run the air to drown out noise anywhere I stay.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
697 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

We have never had an issue at any of the airport location hotels. If you are concerned, you may want to bring a sound machine.

Oregon City, Oregon
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

We are looking at this hotel for our June trip. I'm curious - did you end up staying there? And if so, how was the noise? That is the only thing holding me back from staying at this hotel.

Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

Yes, we stayed here and loved it! We were on the North side of the building (same side as the main entance) and did not hear any airplane noise. We enjoyed it so much, we hated to leave! We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Oregon City, Oregon
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

Great!! Thanks so much and I will request the front side of the building.

6. Re: Airplane noise at the Hampton Inn & Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 23, 2012