We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

boston
Level Contributor
258 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
weather

iwas talking about coming in oct but decided to wait to early may is the weather ok by then willit be cold,or should i wait alittle longer,i just decided to wait and save up some money for my first trip to msp. thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,020 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

First, anyone that tells you they know what the temp will be next May is lying....no one knows or can predict. This links says the average for May is low-48F and high-70F with 3 or so inches of precip. Personally, May is a pretty good month to visit...

weather.com/outlook/…USMN0503

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Look, you're from Boston? Our temperatures are not all that different. Also, on the East Coast you have the dampness factor so that even though your temperatures might be higher, it might actually feel colder. I was once in Philadelphia in December, and their 40 F felt like our 25 F.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

In my opinion, October can be as iffy as May, and their weather is comparable. If you're lucky, they're both great times to visit. We are very comparable to Boston weatherwise, probably cheaper though, as I see you're saving up money.

4. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:34 am, March 23, 2011