We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentines in Troy

Which Troy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belle River
3 posts
Save Topic
Valentines in Troy

We will travel to Michigan in a couple of weeks and have selected the community of Troy to spend a romantic weekend. This is our 1st Valentines together and could use some of your help. Aside from shopping in the area, I wouldn't mind suggestions for a Lounge with life entertainment, dinner theatre etc.

Can anyone suggest a lovely restaurant? Italian food prefered, candlelight, atmosphere.

I checked out Auburn Hills. Only one Italian restaurant and the reviews were 50/50.

Thank You, ;)T.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentines in Troy

There are a lot of options for you in regard to restaurants!!

If you don't mind a short drive to Royal Oak I would suggest D'Amato's. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is great too.

http://www.damatos.com/

If you want to stay in Troy I would suggest Kruse and Muer on Wilshire. Kruse and Muer is my favorite, but I think D'Amatos is more Italian and maybe more what you're looking for.

kruseandmuerrestaurants.com/OurRestaurants/…

There are always the chain restaurants as well, Maggiano's, RuthChris, Shula's.

Belle River
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentines in Troy

Thank You very much! I will check those out today. Ruth Chris is also a perfect idea. Again, thanks : )T

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentines in Troy

Two Italian restaurants in Troy that come to my mind are Brio, in Somerset Mall Soutn, and Mario's, on John R just south of Maple. The former is modern Italian, and the latter is classic Italian.

Belle River
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentines in Troy

Thank You and thanks again.; ) I am pleased. I am presently researching all the above and I am now officially excited.

Sincerely, T

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentines in Troy

The Rugby Grille at the Townsend Hotel in nearby Birmingham has a lovely atmosphere, in my opinion, and excellent service, although it's not an Italian restaurant.

I haven't lived in Troy for several years, but when my friends back then mentioned Italian, they seemed to like Andiamo's. There are several of them in the area. There's the one in Royal Oak. (Royal Oak was THE place for hip restaurants when I lived in the area.) There's also an Andiamo's in Bloomfield Twp., which has a more intimate atmosphere than the one in Royal Oak. It also is where Jimmy Hoffa disappeared.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentines in Troy

Brio at Somerset Mall.... WONDERFUL!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentines in Troy

IMO Brio is two thumbs way down. Just another chain restaurant with average food and service. Kruse and Muer is the best suggestion so far IMO although that's a bit of a stretch to call Italian. Linos on Tienken and Rochester road is a very nice Italian place but about ten miles North of Troy. Maggianos is now on 16 and is very appealing to many but I would say it's little more than an up-scale Olive Garden. Ruth's Chriss has been mentioned which is a steak house. I have yet to have a good meal at there which is a shame because Ruths Chriss in other cities I have been to have been Very Good. Also on 16 (Big Beaver) in Troy just down from Sommerset is Larkos Italian which is the best Italian pick in the immediate area. As far as lounges go with live entertainment perhaps Schulas in the Marriot (16 mile). Some one mentioned the Rugby Grill in the Townsend but their Chef has recently left so it is no longer what it once was. My favorite Italian restaurant that is very Romantic is Il Posto on Northwestern in Southfield.

Lake Orion, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentines in Troy

I grew up in Troy and my absolute favorite Italian restaurant in the area is Picano's on Rochester Road. YUM!!! You won't be disappointed!! Enjoy.

9. Re: Valentines in Troy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Troy
Recent Conversations
More Troy Topics