We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking the best price on boat rental, & best lake to put it

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Seeking the best price on boat rental, & best lake to put it

Hello!

We are vacationing on Silver Lake in Traverse City, and we are enjoying ourselves , however the fishing is no good. My sons keep trying to fish off the dock , and only are drowning worms! :( (However the lake is beautiful and they love kayaking and swimming!!) Can someone recommend a good , semi-cheap place to rent a boat to take out for half day and have a good chance at the kids catching something?? Thank you so much. We are willing to drive up to a half hour. Tomorrow we are visiting the SB Dunes but the boat rental would be another day ...

Appreciate your time!

Michigan
Level Contributor
825 posts
1. Re: Seeking the best price on boat rental, & best lake to put it

The only place in the area I can think of offering reasonably priced boat rentals is Lake Leelanau RV Park. I don't know whether it would be beyond your half hour range. It's a nice enough area to visit that I think it would be worth your while regardless-- but phone ahead to make sure they'd have a boat for you.

Lake Leelanau is considerably larger than Silver Lake.

There are TA reviews but they focus on the camping experience. Last I knew you did not have to be staying there to rent watercraft from them for use on Lake Leelanau.

lakeleelanaurvpark.com/amenities/…

Michigan
Level Contributor
825 posts
2. Re: Seeking the best price on boat rental, & best lake to put it

google maps says it is 23 miles and 33 minutes between the Silver Lake public boat launch and Lake Leelanau RV Park

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
750 posts
200 reviews
3. Re: Seeking the best price on boat rental, & best lake to put it

Try Crystal Lake Marina in Beulah. Also, keep in mind during these hot days, the fish are active at sunrise and sunset for the most part.

http://crystallakemarina.com/rentals/

1 post
4. Re: Seeking the best price on boat rental, & best lake to put it

Check Butch's Tackle & Marine, it's where Clam Lake meets Torch. I imagine fishing is good on Clam, Torch is awesome for swimming & tubing.

5. Re: Seeking the best price on boat rental, & best lake to put it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 02, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City