We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimmers Closed?

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Shimmers Closed?

Hi all, heading to TC this weekend and heard rumors that Shimmers is closed? Can someone confirm?

If it's closed any nightlife suggestions for a group of ladies in their early 30s? Thanks :)

Front Street
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mission Point Lighthouse
Lighthouses, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shimmers Closed?

No, not closed at all. In fact, maybe better than ever, depending on your choice of music. But it's now under new management, and with a different name. Remodeled, upgraded, but except for a few changes outside on the Patio, you won't notice any difference. Here's their site, which includes an "Entertainment Calendar" to find out whats going on when. Enjoy!

www.tcwestbay.com

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shimmers Closed?

Perfect thanks! We will check it out this weekend.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shimmers Closed?

Great! We're pointing to Saturday night. Shoud be a fun one if one of your faves is blues/r&b. And you probably already know this, but during the summer all the groups play outside on that patio I mentioned. On weekends there's a dj inside at 9 or 10, but that's all I know about that. And right now the weather looks great for both Fri/Sat evening...

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shimmers Closed?

Just thought I'd bring this thread back to let people know there's great music, dancing, and views every Tuesday throuhout the summer, 5-9pm, on that patio. That's when "The Bohemians" are playing, and they are impressive. A fun group, a nice crowd, and a thoroughly enjoyable evening outdoors.

And so you will know...I/We don't work for the West Bay Holidy Inn...We don't know anyone who works for them...We have no stake in the business. We just like to dance, and we do indeed enjoy the band.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shimmers Closed?

Looks like we'll be inside Shimmers (now "The View") tomorrow - Cooler temps and some rain in the forecast. If you want a break from the Cherry Festival, you might want to consider. A great time last week, with three different "guest artists" sitting in with The Bohemians...two different Chicago guitarists (one originally from Interlochen), and a trumpeter who's played with Stevie Wonder and others. Don't know who might be in town this week, but it should be fun.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shimmers Closed?

I have no idea if anyone is following this thread (doubtful), but it will be even wetter and colder this Tuesday (tomorrow). No matter, The Bohemians are out of town right now. Last week was another good one though, with John Ivan Greilick, former lead guitar for "Rare Earth" sitting in. Fun again...and hopefully next week will bring a return to summer, the band, and another guest artist or two..

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shimmers Closed?

My weekly reminder...Another fun Tuesday on tap. The Bohemians. Even if you don't like to dance, great music, fine musicians,and excellent, soulful singer - Dawn Campbell. Come give it a try, 5-9...though it looks from the forecast like we might be inside tomorrow night instead of on the Patio.

8. Re: Shimmers Closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 23, 2015