We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

OK - who is going? What comedy shows are you going to see?

Who is going to the Polar Vortex Tent? Friday? Saturday? Both?

We are going to see Michael Ian Black On Saturday. I hope to hit the tent on both Friday and Saturday, but Saturday for sure after dinner (after the show).

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Sorry, Jeff, but because of your D-E status, I can't resist this. We would have loved to join up with you last Fri and/or Sat, but we were on a beach in Akumal, drinking some of that tequila we had discussed previously, and under a gorgeous full moon. Priorities, no?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Pretty funny - my son was actually in Playa del Carmen with his mother also. Hope you got to swim with the turtles while I was in fully winter clothing.

Comedy show was disappointing, but tent was fun.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

playaguy--you just filled me with travel envy. We love Akumal. We've spent many a perfect day snorkeling, lounging, and imbibing there. Sigh.....

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Yes, lots of sunshine..and turtles...and rays...and other fish...and of course - tequila! And Saturday night was the 18h birthday party for La Buena Vida - Salsa dancing in the sand...

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Alas, we should have scheduled our Akumal trip this year instead of last year. Oh how I want to go back. I loved it down there. (yes, yes, I know I am highjacking the post with talk of Akumal). :)

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Sometime we should have a Michigan meet-up in Akumal! Seems like a lot of us enjoy going there.

And talk about bad timing--this is the first winter in over a decade I did not schedule a tropical vacation for us. We're saving up for a expensive summer trip to the PNW and Western Canada. I may never hear the end of that decision!

And back to the comedy festival--what a cool idea to bring people to TC! Spouse and I both said that would be a perfect winter get-away when we've launched the girl into college.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Sorry the comedy show was disappointing, Jeff. And while we didn't make it to the Polar Vortex Tent, the Solar Vortex Cabana was stunning! (Sorry, I just had to get that in) Now it's on to Restaurant Week here in TC, I guess...I'm sure it will be Muy Sabrosa! And back to comedy for a sec - I see there's what sounds like a good lineup at Leelanau Sands, March 28. Chris Kattan, Tim Meadows, Rob Schneider. Maybe that one will be better....

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

We did get to see the Ice Caves in Northport - which were cool.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

Yes, and good timing on that, fyi. Pretty much over now with the increase of open water.

10. Re: Comedy Festival - Polar Vortex Tent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 27, 2015