We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter parking for Snow Shoe's

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Winter parking for Snow Shoe's

Does anyone know if there is plowed parking at the Sand Lakes Quiet Area? We are coming up this weekend to snow shoe, and this is one place I have always wanted to visit. Thanks

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter parking for Snow Shoe's

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I think their season is May-Nov. But you can find couple of phone # to call if you do a search....

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter parking for Snow Shoe's

And here's one of that couple, connecting you to the TC Field Office:

(231) 922-5280

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
119 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter parking for Snow Shoe's

For others who might be interested, Sand Lakes Quiet Area is open (& beautiful!) all year. Hopefully doggy1 found the parking area on the east side of Broomhead Rd (via M-72 & N Broomhead Rd). The lot is just past the steel powerlines & it's kept plowed for skiers & snowshoers. The rest of the year parking is also available at Guernsey Lake SF Campground.

Happy trails!

link to SLQA on the MI-DNR website:

michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx…

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter parking for Snow Shoe's

Thanks much for that helpful info, B-M. Very handy to know...And thanks for the link, too.

5. Re: Winter parking for Snow Shoe's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 24, 2015