We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map to the Wineries

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south western...
Level Contributor
994 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Map to the Wineries

Hi - Is there a place in Traverse City to pick up a map and guide to area wineries? We have limited time so will probably just pick one of the peninsulas, probably Old Mission.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
80 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Map to the Wineries

Check at the visitor's center downtown (Grandview Parkway and Union Street). Ask not only for the winery maps (if they have them), but also for their regional map (it has a blue cover) which is great for driving, and has most of the wineries shown on it.

Also, for Old Mission, go here: wineriesofoldmission.com/local/upload/file/W…

On the Leelanau side, go here: http://lpwines.com/wine-trail-map/. Wineries on the Leelanau side should have a brochure specifically devoted to that peninsula's wineries (if the visitor's center doesn't have it); it'll also include each winery's hours, phone number, etc. etc. Also, because the peninsula is larger than Mission, you'll see that the LPwines folks have broken the region down into three geographic "wine trails." That may help prioritize your effort or winery selections, too.

Hope that all helps!

Edited: 2:54 pm, September 12, 2013
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Map to the Wineries

Hi Cinderella!

Mongo is pointing you in the right direction. The Visitors Center on the corner of Grandview Parkway and Union St. (right across from the marina) has all of the information you are looking for! Plenty of maps, area guides, brochures, advice... you name it! They are open M-Sa 9am-6pm and Sunday from 11am-3pm (and there's free parking available). Enjoy your time in TC!

south western...
Level Contributor
994 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Map to the Wineries

Thanks very much. I will look for the VC and the brochures. Looking forward to our visit. I have never been north of Frankenmuth in Michigan so this will be a new experience.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map to the Wineries

I'm guessing that it will be a very good one, C-50. Make a note of all the things you didn't have time for, and you can get to them on the next trip. And I hope you enjoy your stay at the COUNTRY Inn and Suites!

5. Re: Map to the Wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 16, 2014