We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traverse City and surrounding area trails

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Topic
Traverse City and surrounding area trails

Since I live in Traverse City I can attest to the confusion of what trail to utilize as there are so many, each with its own unique features. I know the trails, the locations, the difficulty, the quality, whether it has water as a view, woods, wild flowers, etc. I saw the post about trying to utilize the Old Mission Lighthouse area. There is a wonderful trail that travels along the water, crosses the road, and cuts back along the water (a deer crossed my path the last time I was up there.) This trail actually hooks onto two other trails traversing across that north end of the peninsula. Also there is a great swimming area about 2 miles from there in the town of Old Mission. I could go on and on with the Boardman River trails (in town and just out of town), Kids Creek trails, Hickory Hills trails, more Old Mission trails, give me 30 days and I will show you 30 hiking trails approx. 3-4 miles in length. Sure hope anyone visiting our area takes advantage of all we have to offer. Even walking downtown on the outskirts of town includes so many vistas with bay and river views. Gloria Halligan

1. Re: Traverse City and surrounding area trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 04, 2014