We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

EmilyOTR
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

We are joining my husband who will be going on business during the Cherry Festival. We are deciding between Boarders Inn and Days Inn. I will be alone with my 4 year old and 1 year old during the day. Is one closer to more stuff? Walkable, preferably? Will I be close to the cherry festival?

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

I am unfamiliar with Boarder's Inn. The Days Inn is pretty decent and fairly close to town and the festivities.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

The Cherry Festival is over, but for future reference: we stayed at Boarder's during part of the Film Festival (early August, 2013). It is an okay place for my wife and I (much cheaper than hotels closer to town, where the film festival is centered), but it is not within walking distance of any of the festival events or venues. We drove into town and found parking spaces for each day.

Boarder's is closer to the beach and state park area, which might be attractive for you and your children. There are other kid-oriented venues in the area, but not for 1-year-olds.

Boarder's itself is pretty basic -- a room, TV, internet. "Breakfast" in the morning is cold cereal, cook-your-own-waffles, juice, milk, coffee, muffins. Wendy's is next door on one side, Hooter's on the other.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

I might have started a new thread if I wanted to comment on Boarder's, bvw, ...but since you brought it up, the Days Inn is no more - It is now a Country Inn & Suites property .Looked nice from the street when I drove by yesterday....

Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

I didn't mean to comment on Boarder's except with respect to the questions raised: is it close to more stuff? is it walkable?

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

Wow, back from the ashes! I'd also point out that there is quite a difference in the quality ratings between the ex-Day's Inn and Boarder's. That might be important to somebody down the road....

6. Re: Boarders Inn or Day's Inn during Cherry Festival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 27, 2014