We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traverse city on memorial day

Urbana, Illinois...
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
traverse city on memorial day

Hello All

How would be traverse city temperature from 25th to 27th May..we are planning to visit TC during labor day long weekend but looks like temperature is in 60's...looks like water will be very cold.

can any one please suggest should we plan this trip or not..

we are planning to do Sleeping Bear dunes and any beach nearbby

Farmington Hills...
Level Contributor
16 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traverse city on memorial day

Water is freezing until August, and even then it's still cold ;-) Traverse City and it's surrounding regions are always a nice visit. But if you're looking for warm, then you might be out of luck. Or you could get lucky and it could be super hot!

Also, you can definitely plan it but be warned that you need to get your reservations now if you haven't already. It's a popular weekend (I assumed you meant Memorial Day) and fills up months in advance. (We booked our hotel last summer for this coming summer for another popular weekend.)

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traverse city on memorial day

I booked a Traverse City hotel for Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend, just Thursday, and had no problems.

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traverse city on memorial day

It will be in the low sixties this weekend but bright and sunny. I sure would plan it. I plan on being outside myself most of the weekend.

4. Re: traverse city on memorial day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014