We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining out for Christmas dinner in Traverse City area

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dining out for Christmas dinner in Traverse City area

Our family of five (3 daughters, ages 25, 24, and 15) will be in my husband's hometown of Cadillac over Christmas. We plan to drive up to Traverse City to see the Les Miserable movie on Christmas Day. It would be fun to have a nice Christmas dinner buffet somewhere in the area either before or after the movie.

I am having difficulty finding this information online, so I turn to trusty Trip Adivisor to get an answer.

Which Traverse City restautants serve a Christmas buffet in the $20-$25 per person range?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dining out for Christmas dinner in Traverse City area

Thanks to this forum for your great suggestions. We enjoyed a lovely Christmas dinner at the Grand Traverse resort yesterday (after taking in the first performance of Les Mis). The view was stunning, the food delicious, and the service very attentive. My mother-in-law felt like she was queen for a day, which was our goal. It was a great way to make a memory with their grandmother for our three daughters.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
1,262 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dining out for Christmas dinner in Traverse City area

So happy everything turned out well for your family and and your mother-in-law, TX! We love that view too!! I hope you had a wonderful, overall vacation in MI, and glad you had some snow, too (maybe you weren't?!).

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dining out for Christmas dinner in Traverse City area

We have had a great time in Michigan and yes, we ordered the snow. Although it turned out that Dallas TX had a white Christmas too. But not as much as the foot of snow that's on the ground in Cadillac.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
1,262 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dining out for Christmas dinner in Traverse City area

Clicking the non-existent TA "like" button, TX! SO happy you ordered that snow, ESP a foot of it! ;)

15. Re: Dining out for Christmas dinner in Traverse City area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 29, 2013