We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrington, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

What is the nicest hotel in TC to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

I can suggest the Park Place hotel, which is right downtown, historical, with great views from the upper floors, and there is a good restaurant in the hotel, and a cool little bar on the top floor. We also loved the Tamarack Lodge, with full kitchens. Gorgeous, with a north woods decor. Those two are the nicest ones we have stayed at in town.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

Depends on what and where you are looking for. We really like the Park Place for it's old time charm and location downtown. If you are looking for something on the water you will likely get lots of opinions.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
80 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

One other option you may consider...though it would put you out of TC proper, are places like Black Star Farms (south of Sutton's Bay), Chateau Chantal (on the Mission Peninsula), or The Homestead (on the Leelanau Peninsula).

I've only stayed at BSF (high marks, btw) but those three places would lend themselves ideally for a "special" anniversary-type stay.

Barrington, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

We have been staying at Black Star for the last ten yrs on our Anniversary can't imagine a yr with out doing it... 30 yrs is a long time make it a great place to stay... enjoy1

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

Black Star Farms is my top recommendation! We have stayed there on four different occasions and each time we leave, we long for our next return trip! Such a wonderful property filled with warm, gracious, and hospitable hosts and inkeepers. The gourmet breakfasts are exceptional! The evening wine and appetizer reception along with their other generous amenities are impressive.

We have stayed elsewhere...and NO other property even comes close to what Black Star Farms offers their guests.

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

Depends on what you are looking for. Having said that I have stayed at and really enjoyed Cambria Suites. Nice rooms, good breakfast. Holiday Inn Express in Acme is reasonably new and has a view of the bay. Park Place is the fanciest and likely most expensive, but is in the old town district and Front Street is within walking distance. Personally my first choice would be Cambria

Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

go to www.traversecity.com and you can review the lodging chocies

9. Re: What is the nicest Hotel in Travers City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 09, 2013