We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommended restaurants for whitefish

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
recommended restaurants for whitefish

Which restaurants can you recommend for good whitefish dinners? Not looking for anything fancy; casual dining since we will be on vacation. Will be staying in TC, but willing to go over to SB area or up Leelanau.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: recommended restaurants for whitefish

Then you need to scratch that itch, LL. But I'd gladly trade you some whitefish for a big pile of 'cue!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: recommended restaurants for whitefish

Thanks, playaguya.

I will be in downtown Chicago next weekend and thought that maybe I could scratch that itch, but an Inquiry on the Chicago forum resulted in my being told that, whitefish "good of a quaility fish to be fried."

One of my favorite foods in the whole world!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: recommended restaurants for whitefish

Yeah, I guess I'd agree with that. An infrequent (and cheaper) meal up here at Scalawag's is one thing, but deep-frying it at home is something I'd never do. Perch maybe, but not whitefish. Oh well, it's not like you won't have a ton of other tasty eats in Chicago to pick from....Enjoy 'em!

Ohio, United States
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: recommended restaurants for whitefish

Don't deep-fry whitefish at home. Don't get it fried at a restaurant. Whitefish just should not be fried. It already has plenty of its own oil, and is just too delicate for that rough kind of preparation, which, in my opinion, just spoils it.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: recommended restaurants for whitefish

We "sort of" agree, ArtD, but despite that, Scalawag's is still pretty good food. And rereading LL's post, there are indeed people who love it fixed that way....

16. Re: recommended restaurants for whitefish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 15, 2013