We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traverse City during Cherry Festival - will it be too busy?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Traverse City during Cherry Festival - will it be too busy?

Hi there. My husband and I will be spending July 5-8 travelling through Michigan on our way from Sarnia to Winnipeg. We'd planned to stay in Traverse City for a few nights since it's close to the dunes, golf courses and has a variety of restaurants. Now I see that the Cherry Festival will be on that week. Will this make it difficult to get into restaurants in the evenings?

Front Street
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mission Point Lighthouse
Lighthouses, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traverse City during Cherry Festival - will it be too busy?

Yes, there will be wait times, but I don't think that should deter you from being in the area at that time. Cherry Festival can by quite fun and you'd probably enjoy, though the crowds are large. I don't think you'd wait more than 45 minutes for a table-and if you go during slower hours (eat dinner at 4 PM), you will have very little problem getting in quickly.

Edited: 11:09 pm, May 01, 2011
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traverse City during Cherry Festival - will it be too busy?

Thanks!

3. Re: Traverse City during Cherry Festival - will it be too busy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 29, 2012