We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

Just returned from a 25th anniversary trip to Traverse City area. Definite difference in people on one peninsula from another. I guess Old Mission Inn and the OM peninsula don't need our business. Next time only Leelanau-especially Leland!

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

You would need to give more info than you have for any of us to give credence to your post. You also only have 2 posts.....that isn't saying a lot. Sorry.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

Wow... sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I've never encountered any negative people during the wine tours. It's always been a good, laid back day for us.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

I'll be up there for the next four days and I'll try to get to the bottom of this. Hey maybe someone hung a kick me sign on your back.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

Have a great time Rono! I'm taking my oldest daughter to EL for a tour a football game this weekend. She thinks she might want to be a Spartan!!!!

Moms

Edited: 1:18 pm, September 30, 2010
Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

I go to Old Mission and all their wineries every year and love it! I never had anyone be “snooty” to me. The people that work at Peninsula Cellars are hysterical. I have not been to the Old Mission Inn but it gets great reviews on here.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

I have lived in Traverse City for 20 years. You are right on the money. Old Mission is filled with a bunch of rich, snooty people. The people who work in the wine shops, probably do not live on OM peninsula or if they do live there, they don't have the money. That is why they are friendly. Just sayin'.

It is joked about by us lowly peasants who live in normal houses without a view of the water. Since we are the #2 travel destination in Michigan we don't advertise it but so true. A lot of the docs live out there whose wives have no jobs, but need jobs...

7. Re: Leelanau Peninsula Friendly, Old Mission Snooty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 16, 2012