We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown rentals legal?

Galesburg,MI
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown rentals legal?

I am looking at renting a weekly rental house in downtown Traverse City but was advised by a realtor that weekly rentals in TC are against code. Is this accurate? Also any suggestions for a 2 BR appt.,condo or house close to downtown at a reasonable rate for Sept9th-15th with kitchen or kitchenette. Looking for the basics, not really on vacation but would like a comfortable place as close to downtown as possible. Would like to keep it as close to $100-125 per night as possible. I was hoping to find an off season rate or special if possible. Thanks for your suggestions.

Traverse City MI
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown rentals legal?

The weekly rental of homes/flats in TC is prohibited by "code", as many neighborhoods have had problems with such short term rentals. My guess is that for $100-125 per night you can find a condo/motel that fits your needs. I know that The Beach, condo/motel, has such units. Check out visittc.org, the CVB site, and look at your lodging choices.

2. Re: Downtown rentals legal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City