We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining for a group of 18-20 ppl

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dining for a group of 18-20 ppl

Hello,

Please help if you can!!

We will be visiting Traverse City for a week at the end of June. We are looking for some dining advice. There will be a whole bunch of families gathering and we would like to have one night out with the whole gang. There will be 18-20 people, about half will be kids ranging from 1-15 years old. Any recommendations for a place that will have decent food and possibly a private room or super family friendly without being junk food? Also, our budget is limited, so if possible something not outrageously expensive.

Thank you!!!

Traverse City MI
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining for a group of 18-20 ppl

Big crowd, inexpensive, kids included, tourist season leads me to recommend places like ~ Olive Garden, Blue Tractor, Boones Long Lake Inn, and South City Limits. I've had larger groups in all of these places. Boones and South City Limits have separate seating areas. All are of moderate price. S. City has the more limited/mundane menu selections, Blue Tractor is downtown on Union Street, Boones has the big slabs of meat, Olive Garden is, well, Olive Garden. Of course, you could all get the long table at Don's Burgers and pig out on big burgers, great fries, and home made malts/shakes. Enjoy.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining for a group of 18-20 ppl

For something casual but fun, try the North Peak Brewing Company downtown. Great microbrews and my kids love the microbrewed root beer. For something nicer but not altogether expensive my extended family likes to dine at Mountain Jack's in Acme. They always have a nice table for the huge gaggle of us that show up. My kids love to go down to the Marina while we wait for our food to see what the charter fishermen are bringing in. The view is very nice as well. Moms

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining for a group of 18-20 ppl

How about Mexican. We ate at the Mexican retaurant near the airport, sorry I dont remember the name.

There was a large group of high school age kids that were all in a private room. Certainly good food at a reasonable price.

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining for a group of 18-20 ppl

All of these sound great! I will have to prod the group and see what works best... We are a tough bunch. 2 chefs, a bunch of "foodies", 3 vegetarians... and a bunch of kids.

:)

5. Re: Dining for a group of 18-20 ppl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 29, 2009