We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Fruit Stand - Will ship to your home when you leave

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
2 posts
Save Topic
Great Fruit Stand - Will ship to your home when you leave

We love Traverse City. We stayed for two weeks early in the summer. We rented the room overlooking the Bay.

I agree I was surprised about the lack of fresh fruit stands. But we have to drive to find some. We drove to Central Lake, no stand, drove to Mancelona, no stand, but when we drive to Bellaire (about 30 miles away) we found a great place called Traverse Bay Farms. They had a variety of fresh fruit sweet cherries, fresh blueberries, fresh blackberries, etc. All of the fruit was from local farms. I guess the farms in Northern Michigan don't have fruit stands.

Traverse Bay Farms also had the best fruit salsa we ever tasted. We drove back twice to get their red raspberry fruit salsa. We also bought so of their Fruit Advantage Tart Cherry capsules. Since we returned back home, we ordered and they sent us fresh sweet cherries to our home and some Fruit Advantage Tart Cherry capsules. Check them out at www.traversebayfarms.com. We still order from them.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,446 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Fruit Stand - Will ship to your home when you leave

Next time just drive north on US31. There are several between TC and Elk Rapids.

Also if you use M72 from TC to Grayling to get to I75 there is McCauly's just before Kalkaska and a huge stand right on the western edge of Kalkaska (Cherry Street Market is what it is called I think).

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Fruit Stand - Will ship to your home when you leave

Oh Brighton Bill, McCauley's cherry crumb pie is my favorite. I agree with Bill, many stands along US 31 north of Traverse City all the way to Charlevoix including Royal Farms and Friske's. Both excellent. Moms

3. Re: Great Fruit Stand - Will ship to your home when you leave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 08, 2009