We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Haven with Young Kids

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
South Haven with Young Kids

We've got a 3 year old and a 5 year old, and we heard that South Haven was a terrific place to visit with kids during the summer. We don't know anything about the area - what to do, where to stay. We're not campers, nor are we the kind to stay in a Holiday Inn. A quality house, condo or inn in a good location sound like our style. We'd be open to the Yelton Manor, but wouldn't want our kids to interfere with the romantic atmosphere it seems to promote. Any recommendations on where to stay mid-August? Activities? Thanks for your help!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

Check out southhaven.org. There are lots of houses and condos, I'll be back with a couple of websites. Sleepy Hollow is good too.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

rono can cook up some ideas for you--yelton manor is not a place for kids--there are lots of great condos walking distance from the lake--kids love the sand and water and it's great to just walk home for naps or whatever--packard park on the no side also has restrooms for shaky potty trainers!! I've had my kids there (not quite when they were that young--didn't discover so haven till they were older) and we love it!!

When you say "quality house" that probably lets out my suggestions cuz i'm all about the bargain!!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

Check out

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…south-haven

homeaway.com/south-haven/…find.squery

Also Shores, Jaqua, and Lakeshore Lodging offer quite a few condos and homes.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

rono you are too much...i just got an idea for a new rental for me off those suggestions!!*HA*

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

My parents began taking us to South Haven for summer vacation when I was late high school age and now we all go with my own family (boys 6 and 1). Everyone loves South Haven and looks forward to it every year. We stay in the same condo every year. It is on the river and the kids (of all ages) like to watch the activity. We walk about a block to the beautiful beach and about 15 minutes into town. The name of the condo is riverwalk. Also, I recommend finding a house/condo with a pool because kids can sometime be hesitant of the lake (waves) and it is nice to be able to offer both. Enjoy!

Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone! These ideas give us a good road map. I think it will be a great trip!

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

we have stayed at Victoria's Resort several times. Our kids are grown, but lots of people had small children there who seemed to love it. Small pool, basketball, tennis, shuffleboard. noce cottages good for a family. check it out.

8. Re: South Haven with Young Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, November 20, 2009