We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

Indy
Level Contributor
431 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

I have narrowed my search down for staying this weekend. There are several offerings by both of these companies and I want to be sure both are good companies to rent from. Arrowhead looks like a motel area that has been upgraded. Does anyone know? I think it's in Saugatuck. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Hampton Inn South Haven
Hampton Inn South Haven
#1 of 11 hotels in South Haven
Hotel Nichols
Hotel Nichols
#2 of 11 hotels in South Haven
Holiday Inn Express South Haven
Holiday Inn Express South Haven
#3 of 11 hotels in South Haven
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

Arrowhead is part of a group including Suites of Saugatuck and Orchard Inn in South Haven. I'm not going to comment on these facilities, as they seem to be rated either a one or a five and nothing in between... Lakeshore rentals? Lakeshore Lodging rentals are located in SH and list a Saugatuck phone number and are located in a building with a Tower Marine ( from Saugatuck) ad in the window. I don't know anything about them, they showed up in that location this year. I'm curious why you didn't consider Shores and Jaqua as they seem to be the biggest rental companies.

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

Forget arrowhead....anyone associated w the sad state of affairs at orchard inn doesn't warrant your $. I'm not familiar w the other....i've used shores as rono says and the properties now managed by castaways...not familiar w them as a company.

Are you lookin for a condo?

There is also a rent by owner site....vbo or something like that....

some folks report good luck there.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

VRBO.com (Vacation rentals by owner) It's a good source but use caution.

Indy
Level Contributor
431 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

I could never quite figure out Jaqua's website but I did find Shores much easier to find rentals. The Lakeshore Rentals website had a ton of available properties and they looked nice and the rates were good. We have booked The Inn at the Park for Friday and Saturday night so I'm set for now. I can't wait to enjoy South Haven. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

FYI-I noticed the comment about lakeshore rentals and what's going on there...I know the people that run Lakeshore Lodging. They opened a second office in South Haven a couple years ago because they had a lot of rentals down there. I guess they have homes from South Haven to Saugatuck and everywhere in between. Most of them look pretty nice.

Mentioned in this post
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
6. Re: Lakeshore Rentals or Arrowhead Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 11, 2009