We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

A group of about 8 of us take a Girls Weekend each fall to Frankenmuth for shopping, eating, and drinking. Someone mentioned that Saugatuck was a good location for this same thing. I am mostly concerned with being able to stay somewhere that 1. can accomodate all of us and 2. accomodations are within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and bars (these girls like to drink so I'd prefer not to have to drive). Does Saugatuck fit this? Any suggestions, information, or descriptions of your own similar accounts would be helpful!

Thanks!

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
277 reviews
1. Re: Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

Hi,

I just moved from Saugatuck a few months ago and lived there for 6 years. You should be able to find a B&B that will accomodate you all and be within walking distance of all the shopping and restaurants. The Wickwood Inn comes to mind. The owner Julee Rosso is a well-known cookbook author (The Silver Palate Cookbook) and her B&B has been featured in the New York Times.

Restaurnats I liked: Marro's, Everyday People Cafe, & Blue Moon.

If you go in the fall be sure to drive out to Fennville (about 5 miles) to go to Crane's Orchards and the pie pantry for fresh apple cider and a GREAT piece of pie!

Have Fun!

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
349 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

Lots of lodging options in downtown Saugatuck. High end places include Wickwood, Maplewood and Hidden Garden. Moderate choices include Twin Oaks, Twin Gables (a bit of a walk), Victorian Inn, Park House etc. Go to saugatuckdouglas.com for complete list.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,701 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

In addition to those mentioned, other bars within walking distance would be Phil's, The Butler, Walley's, The Boathouse, I'm not sure is Coral Gables open in the winter? Marro's is seasonal. All of these also serve food.

saugatuck
4 posts
4. Re: Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

I would recommend the brand new Bella Vita Spa and Suites, it would be the perfect place based on what your concerns are 1) Accommodations: the spa has been in business for over 2 years, the 4 (2-3 per room) Suites will begin contruction at the new year, with completion no later than May 1st. The Suites will over look the heart of the downtown shopping district, it will include private parking and is litterally just down the street from several of the top bars and restaurants. I know the spa already specializes in womens weekends within the spa and partnering with local B & B's. Their new website is www.bellavitaspaandsuites.com or you can call 269-857-8482 for further information. Good Luck!!

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

Saugatuck definitely fits the bill. Phil's, the Boathouse (often live music on weekends), Coral Gables---probably open in the fall, the Butler, all within walking distance if you stay downtown or on the hill. Another great restaurant (driving) is Everyday People Cafe in Douglas.

Lots of B&B options have already been mentioned; you could also consider renting a house or condo. Check out vrbo.com and others.

6. Re: Girls Weekend in Saugatuck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck