We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

town of Glenn. Michigan

austin texas
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
town of Glenn. Michigan

Greetings-

we are researching a summer place--and actually found one on Katherine Street in Glenn that looks great--but we know very little about Glenn. We are a low key family-Artsy, Music lovers--and looking for a smaller town that is quiet, quaint..and on the water. I am having a hard time finding anything out about Glenn. Is the power plant located there? Can you hear the Gerald Ford Freeway? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: town of Glenn. Michigan

Oh my Glenn! The town is on old 31, or Blue Star Hwy. A grocery (not a bad wine selection) a school, a realestate office (of course) and a restaurant. That's the four corners. Its about a mile from the lake. No hotels or any thing just homes.

I looked Katherine St., up on Map quest and its the road right on Lake MI. in what I used to call Wyhoco beach. You're either on the lake side or across from the lake, but probably two miles from the interstate. Very little noise but maybe some very faint. Great area, not busy, no public beach. Glenn may be too quiet, but South Haven is maybe 7 miles south, lots to do, and Saugatuck/Douglas is maybe 10 miles north. Lots to do in both of these towns.

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: town of Glenn. Michigan

Are you looking to buy a place in Glenn? I think it would be a great investment. Beach access is becoming harder and harder to come by. As Rono said, there's just the one intersection in Glenn. From there you can drive not too far up Blue Star and visit some artists' studios/shops (Vesuvius is great). I can't imagine you would hear the freeway from where you'd be staying. Saugatuck and South Haven are each less than 20 minutes away by highway.

The power plant is farther south, near or in Covert.

Glenn is definitely gaining popularity among summer residents and renters. Already the "little store" has been gentrified (as evidenced by the wine selection Rono mentions). Perhaps the town will grow and offer a bit more in the future.

You'll also want to consider the beach & access to it; the beach you're looking at has a lot of steep steps, whereas a nearby community's beach is easier to get to (you can even drive to it...which sounds lazy but is nice if you're hauling a cooler or bringing folks who can't manage the steps).

I could go on and on...hope I haven't caused any confusion! good luck!

3. Re: town of Glenn. Michigan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck