We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachway Resort

Which Saugatuck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shelby Twp...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beachway Resort

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel? We are thinking of staying at this hotel in Sept. Is this hotel close to downtown? Also if anyone could give me some good restaurants to go to, nothing fancy, more like casual dining? Thanks!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachway Resort

Check out "Good place to stay in Saugatuck" post, dinodad has stayed there.

Saugatuck/Douglas have many restaurants, here are some I like that are casual

The Butler, Boathouse, Mermaid, Wally's, Phil's , Marro's (pizza), Ida Reds, Pumperknicel (sp) These are right in town, also Elbo Room, Calico Kitchen, What am I forgetting? There are several more finer dinning, but really all are relatively casual.

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachway Resort

The Beachway is across the river from downtown, and I believe the chain ferry that transports folks across the river is closed as of Labor Day. The Ship n Shore might be a comparable motel-type place with a pool, but it's downtown.

Casual dining: Ida Red's for breakfast, Phil's or Everyday People Cafe for dinner. Wally's for burgers & a beer. Uncommon Grounds for coffee.

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachway Resort

If the chain ferry is closed, it's only a 5 minute drive (or a short cab ride if you ever get stranded without your car).

It seems they get a lot of regulars. The Beachway staff is friendly and the guests seem to be a mix of families and couples, but mostly families during the summer when we go. The kids love the pool, but I suppose it closes Labor Day weekend.

4. Re: Beachway Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck