We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

I am loking for a reasonably priced option for just 4 days in August.

We are a family with 2 kids and hope to spend no more than $150 a night if possible. I though that this was reasonable until I started looking........

I have browsed a lot of websites and come upon the problem of minimum 1 week rentals or no kids allowed.

Can anyone recommend a nice and conveniently located hotel or condo or cottage in this area.

The Northern Lights resort website looks good - but we all know how deceptive a web page can be - has anyone stayed there?

All comments and suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

First thought is Best Western, and Americinn (think that's the name) both chains relatively new. Did you check out Saugatuck.org?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

Thank you Rono,

I will check out your suggestions and look at the Saugatuck.org website.

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

The Beachway Resort Hotel http://www.beachwayresort.com/ is very nice and family/kids friendly and may have some rooms in your price range (or maybe a bit higher). We've stayed there twice and liked it very much and would go back.

It's a good location because it's on the road to Oval beach and you can walk to the chain ferry to get into town, but be aware the chain ferry closes by sunset (not sure of the exact time).

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

Which four days? If it's later in August many rental homes waive the one-week minimum and have lower rates.

Did you try the VRBO website? (full disclosure: I live in Saugatuck and also have a rental house, which I advertise on vrbo). A friend has condos in Douglas for rent, also on vrbo, no one-week minimum. Other rental home listings: Lakeshore Lodging and Shoreline Realty. You won't have much luck with getting kids into a B&B in August.

Good luck, let me know if you have more questions.

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
351 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

Twin Oaks B&B and Twin Gables B&B are both reasonably priced and kid friendly. Most lodging places have online availability calendars so you can check dates easily...go to Saugatuckdouglas.com for a list of lodging.

6. Re: Good place to stay in Saugatuck?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck