We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly beaches around Suagatuck?

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly beaches around Suagatuck?

We are bringing our dogs with on vacation and they want to know if there is any place they can run around and get some exercise. Are there any dog friendly beaches or dog parks around Suagatuck? Pretty sure they are not apllowed at Oval beach state park and we don't want to cause trouble with private beach owners either.

Thanks!

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly beaches around Suagatuck?

In Saugatuck:

Tails and Trails. Large and small dog park. This park is very nice, leashed until inside the fence. Double gate entrance. As donations come in, they are adding and making improvements. Great place to take the dogs to run, they are suppose to be adding trails to it also! There are trees grass area and sand areas in the run, please remember to pick up after your pets bags are usually supplied, as long as someone has stocked them, so smart to come prepared. I tried to find this park online and it only comes up with one with the same name on the opposite side of the state, so don't get the two confused! Directions: exit 41 head east follow brown signs that say tails and trails...you do have to go onto dirt roads.

In nearby Holland:

Park Township Dog Park

City: Holland

Address: Ottawa Beach Road

Directions: Off Ottawa Beach Road, enter the Ottawa County Fairgrounds entrance, follow signs

Hours: Dawn to Dusk

Comments: Near Lake Michigan

Per the web, pet friendly restaurants in Saugatuck are:

Mermaid Bar & Grill

360 Water Street

Dockside Marketplace

Saugatuck, MI

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
349 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly beaches around Suagatuck?

The private beach property just north of Oval Beach is dog friendly..also many people bring their dogs to Oval Beach after 6 for sunset...just clean up after them

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly beaches around Suagatuck?

Excellent info! Thanks for you help. Roy and Maggie will appreciate it!

Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly beaches around Suagatuck?

If you haven't already taken your trip, I found some info that may be helpful to you. I've been searching, too, so we could bring our newly adopted family member with us. South of Saugatuck in or near South Haven there are 2 parks with Lake Michigan beach access that I understand allow pets: Deerlick and Westside County Park (8 mi. north of S.H). Also, Cafe Julia in S.H. is a deli/coffee shop place for lunch that allows pets in their outside area. I have heard of people that take their dog with them to Van Buren State Park, but I do not know if this is officially allowed or not.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly beaches around Suagatuck?

Thanks Again!

Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck