We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingfisher Cove

Indy
Level Contributor
425 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Kingfisher Cove

I have narrowed my search for a summer rental to a place in Douglas or a log cabin in Kingfisher Cove. Is anyone familar with this area in Saugatuck? I would like to know how close it is to downtown or the beach area.

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
333 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kingfisher Cove

Kingfisher Cove is on Blue Star Hwty north of downtown, not really near anything. It would be a long walk to downtown although there is a new bike path. IMO, Saugatuck is best when you can walk and not drive. Oval Beach is situated in such a way that you would probably need to drive even if you were located downtown.

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kingfisher Cove

Hi Northside - We're visitng Saugatuck as part of a Midwest visit, a local poster suggested this website;

http://saugatuckdouglas.com/

There is a nice map of downtown Saugatuck and Douglas in .pdf format which I printed out and found useful in booking, in our case a B&B. Sauatuck sounds like a great walkabout downtown area. Have you thought about staying downtown, there are lots of places to stay. What is your price range, a local poster may have a suggestion.

Indy
Level Contributor
425 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kingfisher Cove

Thank you for the responses. I thought Kingfisher might be too far out for our group. I'm glad I checked.

Yes, my preference would be to stay downtown. I'm running into a problem finding something that would fit our size group. We have 10 women and want something nice that is close to town. We did find the retreat at the church but I'm not sure it's exactly what we are looking for. I found a place that would be perfect in Douglas but when I went to book it, it was taken. We are also looking at New Buffalo. I know it's not as nice an area but it has potential.

MI
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Kingfisher Cove

You can stay in Douglas and take the chain ferry across the Kalamazoo River into downtown Saugatuck. Check the ferry schedule to be sure it is operating during your visit. I would recommend The Valentine in Douglas...very homey with wonderful hosts and great breakfasts.

5. Re: Kingfisher Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck