We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

Columbus, Ohio USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

Tried researching bike trail from saugatuck to holland and I'm a bit confused. Is the Beeline trail a bike path and is that the trail you get to holland ? How do you get there from downtown saugatuck? How many miles one way? Is it an easy ride? We would rather not take a bike route along highway.

9 replies to this topic
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

Are you renting or bringing bikes. Both Saugatuck and Holland, MI have bike rentals. The b line follows along side roads. Not highways but none the less, roads. There is often a good gap between the two though. I have never ridin the route. I do not think it is overly hilly but it is quite amazing how hills you never noticed before you notice quickly on a bike. If preferring trails further away from the road try Holland from the nature preserve (west end of shoreline) through Kollen Park and Window On The Waterfront Park. A good portion of this is also along a road but the houses make a nice distraction. And from near Kollen Park to east of there it is off road and also around waterfront park. If you go a bit further you can also ride around the new power plant. Perhaps others can chime in which have riden it later. https:/…holland-metro-area-trails.php

Edited: 4:05 pm, August 23, 2018
Columbus, Ohio USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
2. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

We bring our own bikes. Is there a bike shop in Saugatuck? Maybe they have some advice.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

https:/…

Try big lake outfitters. The first link i gave list all bike trails in the state. The nearest offroad bike trails i can think of is South Haven, MI but east of town it is not paved but hard packed gravel. Otherwise to Millenium Park near Grand Rapids (M-11 and I 196) which boast miles of looping bike trails.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

Google maps will show you bike trails and on-road bike routes

Niles, Michigan
Level Contributor
94 posts
192 reviews
5. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

Check www.mitrails.org

Muskegon County...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
102 reviews
6. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

Beeline Trail starts at Holland st. and North st. and runs about 12 miles to Holland.

Has a gradual rise in elevation of 130 ft. for 7 miles from mile marker 3 to mile marker 10.

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

You won't be disappointed with our bike/walking paths. All are paved and just about everywhere around here and make getting around by bike an great alternative to driving around. Once you're in Holland it's just few more miles on a path to the beach and Holland State Park. Another bike/walking path runs north from Holland along Lakeshore Drive towards Grand Haven and I'm pretty sure it goes all the way. But that's close to 20 miles.

Columbus, Ohio USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
8. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

Do you know if the bike rental in Saugatuck fixes bikes ? Our presto valve is broke. Thought we'd wait and get it fixed there.

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
351 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland

My guess is that they do not do repairs. There are spots in Holland that do sales and repairs.

Reply to: Bike trail from saugatuck to holland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck