We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Nightlife?

Hello! We are doing a girls trip over Labor Day weekend and will be doing the wineries during the day. Are there any bars in the area that are fun for a younger crowd? And will there be a lot of people out during the Sunday of Labor Day weekend?

Thanks!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife?

there are a coupla bars/eateries in town, but i'm not too familiar with them.... but the one place i'm very familiar with is silver beach pizza, down in the old train depot down by the beach.... definitely a great place to hang out and watch the sunset....

any of the area beachtowns will be busy labor day weekend.... definitely bring swimming/beach gear as the beaches are awesome, and are popular with young adults (teens-20's, as well as families and locals).....

stjoetoday.com

beachtowns.org

harborcountry.org

consider a day trip to south haven, only 20 minutes away----great harbor scene with many places on/near the waterfront.... awesome beach as well, and prolly more popular with the young crowd... both towns have SUP, kayak etc rental outfitters too....

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
986 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife?

The only one I can think of that my younger crowd seems to like , tho it is a bit of a dive, is the Boathouse, or maybe it is still called Barney's Boathouse. It's right on the river tucked behind Clementines 2.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
986 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife?

Thought of a couple more. The Buck has a deck off the back that has lake views, and Ryebelles has a great rooftop deck that has a bar and limited food menu. Both great sunset viewing locations.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife?

How did your bachelorette party go? Did you have shuttle/bus transportation to the wineries? I am trying to schedule the same trip for the first weekend of march 2014 and i'm trying to find a)the best place to stay b) reasonably priced winery transportation and c) if the nightlife be good in the off-season!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife?

Yes - we had an amazing weekend!

Fantasy Carriage was our limo - Frank was our driver and was AWESOME! I highly recommend. It was pricey but worth it.

We rented a house and it was great because we had 16 people. Everyone in one place.

We stayed in New Buffalo. Went to dinner on the rooftop of the Stray Dog - awesome. Went to Casey's for drink in their backyard patio. Fun times!

Delray Beach...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife?

Do you still have the contact for the house you stayed? I'm having a hard time finding a good place!

7. Re: Nightlife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 20, 2015