We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to the Island

Which Saint Ignace hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry to the Island

We are heading for St. Ignace soon, and my DH would

like to take a day trip to the island. However, he has trouble walking for long distances, and I do remember from years past that it is quite a long walk from where the ferries let you off up to the main street. Does anyone know which ferry line docks get you closer to the main street on Mackinaw Island, or if there is a form of transportation I can hire to get him from the docks to downtown?

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to the Island

You may be remembering the long gone Strait's Transit, which was farther from the downtown.

All three Ferrys dock on the main street in the downtown. Arnold Transit and Star Line are at opposite ends of the downtown about 800 feet apart, Sheplers is near Star, but slightly closer to the heart of things.

Arnold's dock is quite a bit longer, so there is a longer walk to shore.

Wheel Chairs can be rented from Orr Kids Bike Shop or Ryba's Bike Rentals.

michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to the Island

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

3. Re: Ferry to the Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 03, 2009